Keeping track

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Ahi Poke



 
Th-e most favored dish on da Islands of Hawai’i!! This is a tad down from the limu version (infamous ONO seaweed on da Islands), so we use scallions instead. Ahi tuna is limited on da Mainland, but we get ours at a grocery store. If my ohana is reading dis, you can call me and ask where we get ‘em. I’m not gonna be liable for any raw fish that may cause food poisoning to my readers. So….please take caution when making dis recipe.

1 lb. ahi tuna
1 tsp. (more or less) Hawaiian salt, regular salt, or kosher salt (da local girl in me says “use Hawaiian salt”)
Chopped scallions

1.      Chop the tuna in ½” - 1” bite size chunks, and put in bowl.
2.      Add salt and scallions and mix well.

 
You may add one or more of the optional add-ons listed below for texture and/or taste:

Shoyu (Hawaiian “soy sauce”)

Sesame Oil

Roasted sesame seeds

Furikake

If you’re lucky: limu (this MIGHT be found in specialty stores where they probably sell expensive groceries. For example, I found some dried ones at Uwajimaya in WA state in a .25 oz package)

No comments:

Post a Comment